Source: AVA Today
Mohsen Rezaei, the Secretary of Iran’s Expediency Discernment Council and former chief of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps said on Wednesday that his country must be prepared to fill the vacuum that would be left by US forces in the Middle East.
Rezaei took the absence of US forces in the future of the Middle East for granted and declared that American forces would have no option but to leave.
He has also called on Iran’s military forces to fill out the void left by Americans once they leave the region.
Tensions between Washington and Tehran have reached its peak since last month after Iran’s top general and commander of Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps’s Quds forces Qassem Soleimani and Hezbollah chief Abu Mahdi Al Muhandis were killed in US strikes in Iraq on President Donald Trump’s order.
Iran was accused of carrying out attacks against US forces in Iraq and Syria including assaults on US embassy in Baghdad weeks before the General’s death.
Tehran has vowed to take revenge for the death of Suleimani and has repeatedly said US forces must leave the region.
Washington has previously announced they have no plan to leave the Middle East.